- No Man’s Land - Eula Biss
- Why Look at Animals - John Berger
- The Trouble With Wilderness - William Cronon
- Why Wilderness? - Roderick Nash
- Ecofeminism and Wilderness - Linda Vance
- Thirteen Ways of Looking at Nature in L.A. - Jenny Price
- Green Cities, Growing Cities, Just Cities - Scott Campbell
I just opened up my syllabus to proof it & print copies for tonight’s class, and I was so pleased to remember that yesterday I decided to teach Eula Biss again. I’m pretty pleased with this list.
This is the first line of Alice Kim’s mind-blowingly baller story, “Mothers, Lock Up Your Daughters Because They Are Terrifying,” in the new issue of Tin House. I am somewhere in the chasm between terrified and in-love.